What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic acupuncture, also known as facial acupuncture, is a non-surgical procedure that reduces signs of the aging process. It restores the skins integrity by increasing collagen and elastin production in the dermis. Other benefits are increase blood flow and oxygen to the skin. We will address the specific esthetics of your face and simultaneously treat the underlying factors that contribute to the aging process. Treatments will subsequently balance your hormones, stress, digestion, sleep and immune system, which naturally improve the quality of your skin. The goal is to get you to look and feel younger, healthier, and more vibrant in a natural and safe way.
The specific methods that are used minimize fine lines and soften deep wrinkles making them less noticeable. It will also reduce bags and darkness under the eyes, firm the jowls, eliminate puffiness, and lift droopy eyelids. Each person responds differently to the treatments depending on their lifestyle and stresses in life. Usually results will be noticed after a few treatments. Products and dietary changes will be suggested to maximize the benefits of the treatments and extend results.
Who benefits from Facial Rejuvenation?
Men and Women between the ages of 20-70 benefit from facial rejuvenation. Whether you want to keep your youthful appearance or ease the aging process cosmetic acupuncture will help.
- Women and men in their 20’s and 30’s who are looking to prevent the early onset of wrinkles.
- Women and men in their 40’s and 50’s who are looking to minimize the appearance of fine to medium lines and maintain a youthful glow to the skin.
- Women and men in their 60’s and 70’s who are looking for an overall facial rejuvenation effect that will soften the appearance of deep wrinkles, minimize the dull complexion and bring back the glow that has been lost over the years.
How many treatments are necessary?
Generally a course of 10 treatments is done per area of the face. I recommend receiving two treatments a week. After your 10th treatment maintenance of one treatment per month is needed depending on the ageing of your skin. Otherwise you can come back in three-five years for another ten treatments rounds per are of the face.
Wrinkles that are minimized include:
- Glabellar lines – vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows (frown lines, “the 11”)
- Crow’s feet – wrinkles at the outer corner of the eyes
- Smile lines – deep folds between the nose and the mouth (laugh lines, nasolabial folds)
- Forehead Lines – horizontal wrinkles across the forehead
- Vertical lip lines – small wrinkles around the mouth
- Jowls – sagging of the lower part of cheeks
- Eyelid Lines
- Under eye lines
- Chin lines
- Neck lines
Other Beneficial results:
- Renewing facial glow
- Oxygenation of the skin
- Regulating acne prone skin
- Balancing oily/dry skin
- Firming facial skin
- Diminishing skin discoloration
- Brightening dark circles under eyes
- Tightening pores
- Brightening sallow complexion
- Tightening sagging eyelids
What are the Side Effects?
Facial Rejuvenation is 100% natural. There are many skin treatments that are used to reduce signs of aging, but unlike fillers, surgery, and chemical peels there is no downtime, puffiness, drugs, or swelling after cosmetic acupuncture. You will notice better sleep, an increase in immune function, and a general feeling of wellbeing. These are all normal reactions to acupuncture.
Can I receive cosmetic acupuncture while undergoing Botox?
I recommend utilizing cosmetic acupuncture after your Botox has fully degenerated. Your doctor will know how long it will take for your Botox to wear off.
Why Choose Cosmetic Acupuncture over Other Treatments?
With cosmetic acupuncture your health is never at risk. You will never have to worry about long-term adverse reactions and side effects that are not yet known from injecting your face with harsh chemicals fillers and toxins. Botox is a purified derivative of botulinum toxin A, made from a bacterium that is a deadly poison. Neurophysiologist are warning the public that the long-term effects on the brain, nervous system and muscles are unknown. Other risks of Botox include: allergic reactions, possibly paralysis of the surrounding nerves, which impair facial expressions. With fillers patients commonly experience puffiness, swelling, bruising, and extended bed rest. Many risks are involved in cosmetic surgery such as: anesthesia complications, a long recovery, nerve damage to the face, scars, and allergic reactions to drugs. Cosmetic acupuncture is not a Band-Aid for your skin. It actually works from the inside out. My goal is to get you to look and feel your best in a healthy natural way. Natural health and preventative healthcare is the key to longevity.